As per our constitution:
The aim and objects of this church shall be to provide for the worship of God, in terms of the faith and doctrine as laid down in the Constitution of CESA.
Specifically, this means:
We exist to extend grace:
Give food to the lambs, and sheep, in order that they grow in faith and give glory to God (Jn 21:15, 17).
Reflect the grace of God back to Him in our worship for His glory.
Apply the grace of God to each other in the church for our edification in faith and love to the glory of God.
Care for His sheep and bring glory to God (Jn 21:16).
Extend the grace of God to those outside the faith in evangelism for the ingathering of God’s elect from every people, tribe, tongue, and nation to the glory of God (Matt 28:18-20).
“For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.”– 1 Corinthians 2:2
“All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.”– 2 Corinthians 5:18-20
“We proclaim Him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ.”– Colossians 1:28
We do this through:
- Communicating our passion for God in a way that convinces, convicts, energises by way of God’s Word above all else.
- Bringing the head and heart together.
- Showing that good theology feeds the soul rather than starves it.
- Living in a way that shows we love Christ.
- Weaning people off an inordinate love of the world by helping them see without God we can do nothing.
- Making God the issue in every issue.
- Placing our joy in Him because the greatest joy comes when God is supreme.
- Loving all peoples and a strong desire to see the church grow among all peoples near and far.
- Preaching Jesus Christ, who is the exact image of the Father, and the radiance of His glory.